Pages

February 6, 2009

Week 9...wow!

Wow, am I really 9 weeks?? Jay and I are so very excited about this new little bundle of joy and sometimes I have to almost pinch myself because I have a hard time believing that it is real!! I can't wait to get started on the nursery and as soon as I am actually going to be at home for a weekend I will get started on it! I need to move my office out of the nursery, but between school work and travel I haven't had much time to do that. Still feeling wonderful (I keep waiting for it all to hit...m/s, fatigue, and all other signs). Here is what is going on w/ my baby this week from 3dpregnancy.com.

Big news! You may be able to hear the heartbeat this week with the help of a Doppler, an ultrasound device that captures the chug-a-chug sound of baby's heart. The first time you hear baby's heart, your own heart may skip a beat—it's the first real evidence that there's someone growing inside you! If you can't hear the heartbeat, no worries, your doc will just check again in a few weeks. Other amazing developments this week:

Baby is beginning to move, but you won't be able to feel anything for some time.

Baby is growing nipples and hair follicles (although there's still a chance you'll be giving birth to a baldy!) His pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and anus are all in place, ready to poop and pee a dozen times a day when he's born. Your baby's head is half the size of his body and his little chin is tucked into his chest. His tiny tail is beginning to shrink away, giving Junior a more human and less amphibious look.

Until now, all pre-babies look the same "down there." This week, however, your baby will begin to develop either male or female genitalia. In layman terms, your baby is beginning to develop her hoo-ha or his wee-wee. While you won't be able to find out the gender of your baby for several more weeks, the version you'll give birth to is being developed right now.

At this stage, your developing fetus is 1-inch in length, about the size of a martini olive (you remember martinis, don't you?) and weighs a mere 2 grams—a little less than a penny.

Amazing huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment