Pages

October 23, 2008

The Virgin Blog...

So at first I wasn't sure what I was going to say for my first Blog...but having just recently gotten off the phone w/ my dear hubby, I have some ammo!

This Saturday (10/25) I am hosting a shower for my brother's girlfriend for their new baby boy! Also, coinciding w/ that date Western (which is where I am heading to) is hosting a Discover Western day. My brother-in-law and mother-in-law will be going down for that, so I thought hey let's ride together! The third event coinciding w/ that day is a fellow Shorthorn breeder's wedding and reception. I decided that it would make more sense for my in-laws and I to ride together to Macomb, then I would meet up w/ my parents and go out and spend time w/ my nephew, until the shower. Then we would work out the ride details to get my in-laws back to Henry, and my husband to Knoxville. I, of course would ride with my parents to the reception and my dear hubby would meet us there. So I called him to inform him of my wonderful plan (I was so proud that I had figured it all out), what I tend to forget about in situations like this is that he has the 'We'll see' attitude about things like this. Now don't get me wrong, I realize that it is Harvest and being a farmer's daughter this is nothing new! The reception starts at 5:00 pm and for him that would mean approximately an hour drive, so he would have to stop at 3:30 to shower and get ready. Only problem is that he has to clear it with his dad & uncle(understandable), but the way that he says it implies that the farm dictates his life...and he can't do anything that he wants to do. This is my problem. I would love for him to think that it is ok to take off occasionally to have a social life. He always does this then we get to the event and he has a good time. I don't know why he puts up such a huge fuss!

I think that about sums it up for now...maybe later I'll give a little background on myself. But I had to vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment