Pages

January 23, 2012

Meal Planning Challenge...Week 3

Well, it's a day late but it's been a little crazy around here! I've already switched around a few meals this week so if you are looking at my inventory list, it might be a bit off.

Week of January 22-28

Sunday
  • Lunch - Frozen Pierogies
  • Dinner - Easy Chicken Taquitos
Monday
  • Waffles & Scrambled Eggs

Tuesday
  • Baked Tilapia w/ Fried Taters

Wednesday
  • Mexican Taco Casserole w/ Spanish Rice

Thursday
  • Out/leftovers??

Friday
  • Spinach Lasagna Rolls w/ Cheesy California Veggies

Saturday
  • Lunch - Leftovers
  • Dinner - Turkey & Stuffing Casserole w/ Salad

The recipe that I am sharing this week is Easy Chicken Taquitos. I was inspired by a recipe from www.allrecipes.com, I gave it my own spin and it was delish! I did have some leftover meat and corn tortillas so I made extra taquitos and froze them for individual use.

Easy Chicken Taquitos

3 cans chicken breast in water, drained
1/4 c taco sauce (I use mid)
large pack of corn tortillas
1/2 can cream of chicken soup
1/4-1/3 c milk
1 T fajita seasoning
shredded cheese

Mix together first two ingredients (I used my kitchen aid mixer for this). Heat tortilla's one at a time in skillet over medium heat till flexible. Place 1 heaping tbsp of chicken mixture on tortilla and roll up, place seam side down in 7x11 baking dish. Continue process until pan is full. Heat chicken soup, milk and fajita seasoning over medium heat in small sauce pan. Pour over taquitos and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Optional - you can serve with sour cream, taco sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. You could also add cheese into the chicken mixture.

Notes: You could probably use a 9x13 pan and all the taquitos would fit, I ended up with extra meat since I used a smaller pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment